This course is a study in details of al-Kahf chapter which's verses contains a number of precious teachings, related to many fields of human life.
- Facilitating human understanding of the meanings of Allaah's words.
- Familiarizing the student with the methodology of scholars of Tafseer who interpreted Allaah's Words in the Qur'aan.
- To enable the students how to dispute the allegations are made by enemies of Islam about al-quran in general and about some matters this chapter talks about specially.
- To acknowledge them with various values of Islamic manner.
- To acknowledge them with various ways of the Islamic propagation.
II. Class Content
Analytical Tafseer - Soorah al-Kahf
A. Required Text:
- Bilal Philips, Tafseer Soorah al-Kahf
B. Supplementary Texts:
- Saifur-Rahman Al-Mubarakpuri, Tafsir Ibn Kathir (English Trans.)
- Ibn Jareer at-Tabaree, Jaami' al-Bayaan
- Al-Qurtubee, Al-Jaami' li Ahkaam al-Qur'aan
- Ar-Raazee, Mafaateeh al-Ghayb
- Al-Aloosee, Rooh al-Ma'aanee
- Az-Zamakhsharee, Tafseer al-Kashshaaf
- Abus-Sa'ood, Tafseer Abis-Sa'ood
- Ibn al-Jawzee, Zaad al-Maseer
- Ash-Shawkaanee, Fat'h al-Qadeer