|Da’wah & Du’aat|
Note: This course is not available yet. It will be introduced as part of the 5th semester of the degree program. The course description presented here is the proposed description and may be subject to change.
This course is comprised of a study on the importance of dawah, and the characteristics a dai’ should posses. It further elaborates on preparing the dai’s mindset.
1. Developing in the student a sense of mission and responsibility to convey the message of Islaam to the world.
2. Providing students with the correct understanding of Da‘wah in accordance with the prophetic methodology.
3. Identifying the necessary tools for effective Da‘wah.
II. CLASS CONTENT
1. Definition, Status, Evidences,
Sources: Qur’aan and Sunnah, Seerah, Righteous Caliphs, Experience
2. Pillars of Da‘wah
The Call, Caller, Called and Means of Calling
3. Methodology of Da‘wah
Emotional, Intellectual or Experiential, Wisdom based, Good Speech, Argumentation, Force
4. Brief History on the History of Da‘wah
Da‘wah of the Major Prophets, Da‘wah in the Prophet’s Era, Da‘wah in the Righteous Caliph Era, Da‘wah in the Modern Era
A. Required Text:
Abdul Hameed ibn Baadees, Precious Pearls on the Etiquette of Da’wah
Norlain Dindang Mababaya, Da’wah According to the Qur’an and the Sunnah
Rabee Al-Madkhalee, The Methodology of the Prophets in Calling to Allaah
B. Supplementary Texts:
Muhammad Abul-Fat’h al-Bayaanoonee, al-Madkhal ilaa
‘Alee Jareeshah, Fiqh ad-Da‘wah
………………., Manaahij ad-Da‘wah wa Asaaleebuhaa
‘Abdul-Kareem Zaidaan, Usool ad-Da‘wah
Sayyid Saabiq, ad-Da‘wah al-Islaamiyyah