Flexible and Customized Study Plans
Islamic Online University offers an organized and structured intensive Bachelor of Arts degree (BAIS) flexible study plan. We give the utmost importance to provide the best study guide possible to meet our students' needs and circumstances. The purpose of IOU is not only to see its students graduate with our customized Islamic studies, but also to see them pass on the knowledge gained at IOU to others and implement that knowledge throughout their lives.
To achieve this goal, we have designed flexible and customized Islamic studies for our students to choose from, which are interchangeable each semester. A student who chooses one plan for one semester is allowed to choose another plan the following semester. The only mandatory requirement is that the student completes the entire program within a maximum period of twelve years (24 semesters).
A student normally takes six courses each semester, which lasts for approximately five months. Each module consists of two recorded lectures and one live session (per week). Students following this semester plan are expected to devote four hours per week per subject - or at least three hours, to listening to the lectures, reading the assigned text for the session, taking the session (module) quiz, and preparing class assignments (if any). This requires eighteen to twenty-four hours per week of studying.
1. The plan above is beneficial to students who want to complete their degree in four years and who wish to gain knowledge in an organized and structured manner. 2. This is an ideal study plan for students under normal circumstances
Part-time students are allowed to take as few as one course per semester. However, they will have to complete the entire program in a maximum of twleve years (24 semesters). We, therefore, recommend that students take half of the full load (i.e. three courses) and devote nine to twelve hours per week studying. If, due to personal circumstances, a student is unable to take three courses and takes only one or two courses per semester, then he/she will have to take more courses in subsequent semesters so that the entire program can be completed within twelve years.
1. This is a plan recommended for busy students (e.g., working, studying, married). We advise students to go at a slower pace if they have time restrictions which prevent them from concentrating on a larger number of courses.
2. Although the students have an option to pause their studies after a semester or two, we do not recommend they do so. If a student is busy and is unable to devote time for a regular study load, then we recommend that he/she choose the part time semester plan.
SEMESTER PLAN 3: Accelerated study plan
Students following this semester plan should take seven to nine courses per semester. Students who are capable of devoting more time towards their studies and who wish to complete the online learning BAIS degree in less than four years are allowed to take a maximum of nine courses. Students taking nine courses per semester will be able to complete the degree in three years. Such students will have to devote 27 to 36 hours per week to their studies.
1. We do not recommend this plan for all students.
2. Only students who are sure they are capable are advised to choose this plan.
3. Students taking seven to nine courses will have to pay the applicable fees for the semester, which are equivalent to fees for one semester plus 50%, depending on their country of residence. The fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. If the student, for example, pays for seven to nine courses and later decides to take only six, then the extra fees will not be transferred to the following semester.